Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and Health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.

I am having recurring bartholin cyst (4-month in a row now),

Customer Question

I am having recurring bartholin cyst (4-month in a row now), sometimes it's infected, sometimes it's not. I am trying to explore the causes/triggers. I know the sitz bath helped with the infection as well as some tea tree oil. Funny thing is that the cyst usually occurs a few days before my period.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr Chaithanya, experienced Physician attending you today.I'm happy to help you regarding this query.The reason why the Bartholin glands get blocked to form a cyst is still unclearIn most of the cases, we say to leave the cyst alone without treatment if it has not turned into an abscess.But if it is an abscess and it is recurrent, you need a course of antibiotics, and a small operation called, marsupialization. A simple procedure done to prevent recurrence. You need to visit your gynaec doctor, so that she can see if that is a cyst or an abscess, and can suggest the treatment accordingly. Please feel free to ask if any further questions. If done for now, please leave a positive rating [Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box [top right corner of the page], so I can get credit for helping you today. We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. You can always reach me with "For Dr. Chaithanya only" in the medical or health categories. Below link is the fastest way to reach me, A little bonus from your side is welcome and highly appreciated!Thanks for using
Hi, did you happen to see the answer? If so request to leave a positive rating, that is the only way we experts are compensated for answering patient. Thanks.