A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I have dizziness when getting up from a laying position and

Customer Question

I have dizziness when getting up from a laying position and also when going from a standing to laying position
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: what info?
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: high blood pressure,seizure disorder and hernia
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Welcome to Just Answer. Have you had someone check your blood pressure when this is happening?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That would be a first step. When someone is on therapy for hypertension, sometimes when they change position, the blood doesn't get to their head quickly enough when they change position, causing dizziness, and even possible fainting. You will need to see your medical provider who can do testing to see if this is what is happening. It's also possible that it is an inner ear problem. The inner ear coordinates balance with the brain. If there is a problem, it can result in dizziness and loss of balance. Please let me know if you have questions. Best regards, Schuyler~
Hello again, Since I didn't receive a positive rating, I/m just checking in to see if you have additional questions about this. Best regards, Schuyler~