Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Looking at Total Protein Serum Low 5.9 - what does that mean?

Customer Question

Looking at Total Protein Serum Low 5.9 - what does that mean? I am 50 year old menopausal woman. Should I be scared?
JA: Glad you brought this to us. Women's health care is so important and many times women seem to take care of everyone else before they take care of themselves. The good news is we have OB/GYNs available 24/7 to help find the answers you need. Is this your first time reaching out to an MD for the issue?
Customer: Please WBC was abnormal in Urine test as well as the WBC Esterase1+
JA: Got it. Other than the issue that brought you here today, how has your health been in general?
Customer: good
JA: Good to know. Anything else you feel comfortable sharing? Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Just tired lately. I quit smoking 1.5 months ago so that may be part of it
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That is serum protein level. Yours is little low. THis can be due to the lack of protein in the diet or due to the underlying liver problem which synthesizes the proteins. WBC esterase in the urine can be due to the urinary tract infection commonly. Sometimes, this can be a testing error meaning nothing. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/