Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

Sir, I have a tiny hard bump on the far right of the

Customer Question

Hello Sir,
I have a tiny hard bump on the far right of the hard palate.I am attaching a picture for your reference.Could you please tell me if this looks like cancer.The bump is around 5mm in size and is painless.It is hard.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Does it move?When did you notice it?Is it increasing in size?Please send the picture?Do you have pain or any other symptom?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Sir,It does not move. I noticed it a week ago accidentally. It is not increasing insize. I do not have any pain. I am attaching the picture for your reference.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for all the information & picture.It does not seem to be a cancer.There can be mucosal cyst, mucosal granuloma.It may resolve on its own.If it continues to enlarge, please get it examined by your doctor.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Sir,Thank you for the response.What is the area where this bump is located called ? Is it hard palate or something else ? I have been reading about minor salivary gland tumors on hard palate and was worried i had one.Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
You are always welcome.The area is the hard palate as you thought.Minor salivary glands are distributed in many parts like palate, lip, larynx, pharynx etc.All of them are not malignant or cancerous.Best wishes.