Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I have been having pain in my upper right thigh and hip almost

Customer Question

I have been having pain in my upper right thigh and hip almost like a muscle spasm. I thought it was a utI but no symptoms?I took a home test - it tested positive for LUEs and neg for nitrate? what could it be?it is better with exercise but as soon as I sit down it is worse the spasms get to kind of hurting then get better. I sit a lot at my job
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: It has been going on for a week
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.How old are you?Are you male or female?Since when are you having these symptoms?Do you feel any urinary symp***** *****ke frequency, urgency, burning etc.?Is there any other past or associated illness?Do you take any regular medicine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 57 female I don't have any other symptoms of an uti as I have had them before. I am generally healthy! I am taking thrive vitamins , a cranberry capsule with it c, and a blood pressure med
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do take hydrolyzed collagen once a day
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for all the information.High leucocytes in urine test suggests an inflammation.Interstitial cystitis can produce high leucocytes without infection.This can be an infection too.Sometimes, it can be from contamination.You may need urine culture to find out that.Nitrite is present in bacterial infection.But all bacteria may not produce nitrite.With this result you can not rule out urinary infection. I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Urinary stone, nerve impingement can produce such symptoms too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would that cause spasms in the hip and above it ?if not what could be done about that that? and also it's better with exercise just when I'm sitting down is when it's bad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And it is sometimes affects both hips
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Nerve impingement, hip arthritis pain can be worse while sitting.Often the cause of muscle spasm may not be detected.Deficiency of calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium- vitamins, dehydration etc. are the major factors.Poor circulation or nerve involvement like nerve impingement, dystonia, MS etc. also can cause muscle spasm. It can also be present in diabetes, hypothyroid state.You may try some home measures till you consult doctor.Regular exercise or a walk daily to keep you active.Stretching or gentle massage are helpful in muscle spasm.Tylenol or motrin can be taken.Please take plenty of fluid, fruits, vegetables.Avoid coffee, alcohol, tobacco etc, if you take any.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much calcium should a woman my age yet a day I drink milk in the morning with my shake but that's all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can honestly say I have not exercising I sit a lot at my job I'm a teacher not always using the best posture! And I've been sitting a lot once I get home at night also and on the weekends so I guess it tells me I need to get out and walk more but I will get a urine sample to test taken also thank you
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Daily requirement of calcium increases after menopause.Daily requirement can be around 1200 mg/day at your age.Besides milk and milk product like yogurt, cheese other foods like soybean, spinach, kale, turnips, sardine are good sources.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will try Motrin
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
You are always welcome.If you are satisfied, please leave an excellent rating.Best wishes.