Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

County mental health worker refuses to prescribe Provigil

Customer Question

County mental health worker refuses to prescribe Provigil (Modafinil) to treat the symptoms of my BPD because of my co-occuring SUD. It is the only medication that works on the vass variety of my psychological issues. How do I convince him that prescribing this medication is not so please switching one illegal addiction for a legal one, but rather a safe alternative to the street drugs I have used in the past to treat the symptoms of my illness.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrPhilMD replied 6 months ago.
do you have any other medical issues?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I suffer from a kind of insomnia. But I think that is related to my mental health issues. My full diagnosis is Borderline Personality Disorder with Schizoid Tendencies and DID characteristics. I have trouble sleeping at night despite being exhausted. Nights are always the hardest and I almost always become suicidal when the darkness falls. But I can't sleep to escape these feelings possibly due in part to fear of lucid dreams of past traumas.
Expert:  DrPhilMD replied 6 months ago.
How can I help with this?