A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

Gas in ear JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about

Customer Question

Gas in ear
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Was changing fuel filter when hose came off it went in mouth eye and ear. Flushed for 30 mins then took a shower for 10. The flushed ear with water and a little bit of baking soda. I have a little bit of an ache but nothing near as bad. Should I go to doctor or wait? It's been about an hour the pain is like a dull throb.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Is the ache in your ear? If your ear hurts, it's more likely from the flushing than from the gas. I am more concerned about gasoline in your eyes. If you have burning or any visual disturbance, you should see your medical provider ASAP. Otherwise, you can wait until tomorrow to see if you still have discomfort. Please let me know if you have questions. Best regards, Schuyler~