Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

I just got my results from my ultrasound on my thyroid and

Customer Question

Hi I just got my results from my ultrasound on my thyroid and don't really understand them
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I have a lump at the base of my neck that's growing. My ultrasound says that I have a homogenous thyroid tissue 3.6x1.2x1.3 cm. Posteriorly cyst is posterior to thyroid tissue. Isthmus is 2mm and left lobe cyst posterior 1.2 cm
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I'm starting to feel it now when I swallow
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 7 months ago.
The main point the sonologist/radiologist should clarify in this report is If the cyst is attatched to thyroid gland posteriorly or not.Also they may want to do a contrast enhanced CT scan/MRI of the neck as well to further evaluate the cyst.
The main point the radiologist should clarify in this report isIf the cyst is attached to thyroid gland posteriorly or not.Also they may want to do a contrast enhanced CT scan/MRI of the neck as well to further evaluate the cyst.Your thyroid panel should be checked.A referral to endocrinologist is advisable.The cyst can be contributing to your difficulty in swallowing.Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.Your satisfaction is our goal.