Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

My 8 year old has begun complaining of two symptoms lately

Customer Question

My 8 year old has begun complaining of two symptoms lately that worry me. One is sudden sweats during the day even when she is standing still. The second symptom is pain on her right side between the bottom rib and her hip. She says it hurts when she walks for a bit. This sounds like "stitches" but I don't understand why she just noticed it two days ago and it's occurred almost every time we have walked around since she first had it The side pain occurs in her right side and when she punches her side she says it feels better. That sounds like the stitches pain I used to get if I ran after a meal. I just don't understand why she is seeming to have it all the time when she walks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: If you read above, it's about my 8 year old daughter and I gave all the details I know
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long. Her symptoms (off an on sweats and pain between rib and hip) can be suggestive of;a) Mild grade intestine infection.b) Kidney stonec) Mild appendicitis.She should get an x-ray, ultrasound and blood counts for the evaluation. Many times these above medical issues have subtle symptoms and are diagnosed only by the work up. Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work. Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future. This additional service offer can be used for- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you. Thank you.
It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.
Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: