Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I'm 63. My small grandchildren are visiting. My 8 year old

Customer Question

I'm 63. My small grandchildren are visiting. My 8 year old granddaughter developed pneumonia (possibly walking). I now feel awful. I have a cough like I've never had before. Completely in my chest and it leaves me breathless with a feeling I'm going to vomit. Then I cough up green thick sputum. I've slept almost all day today. I'm trying to drink water.
I have chronic UTI's ran out of my meds. Took 3 1/2 tablets. That is how much I was behind.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidyou need to go to the ER or urgent care centerand get a chest xray and sputum culture to check for bacterial infection.you most likely will need a course of antibioticsthe sputum culture will be able to tell if there is bacteria in your sputum and in your lungs.you shouldn't be taking old UTI antibiotics for yourself if you don't know what type of bacterial infection you have.