A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Could the vibration also be caused by thyroid problems?

Customer Question

Category: Health
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have just had a partial removal of my thyroid. I am not on any meds. And I have been referred to the cancer clinic
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do I need thyroxine?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. It's impossible to say if you need replacement thyroid hormone without testing. It would depend on your levels of TSH and free T4 which they will continue to measure over time. With part of your thyroid left you may not need additional hormone. Not everyone does. It will depend on if you have cancer, and what treatment is given for it. If the remaining portion of your thyroid is destroyed with cancer treatment, eventually you will need replacement hormone. Thyroid hormone is required to live. However, at this point it isn't possible to say if you need it. Please let me know if you have questions. Best regards, Schuyler~
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
***********
Once the premium service order is accepted we can proceed.