Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I am broke out in hives don't know if it is the medicine I'm

Customer Question

I am broke out in hives don't know if it is the medicine I'm on or from the cat scan I had done on Wednesday can you tell me what Ivan do I'm itching terribly
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 months ago.
Hello,Well as you describe,hives could be associated with contrast given during CT scan.You should take OTC Cetirizine.Also apply cool compresses and OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream on affected area.If you have associated shortness of breath then see your doctor ASAP.Avoid any physical exertion,hot water bath,excessive sweating,sun exposure till you feel better.Let me know if you have any further query we can discuss it thoroughly.We are here to help you until you satisfy.Thanks.