Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have not been getting great sleep lately, I will wake up

Customer Question

I have not been getting great sleep lately, I will wake up and think that I have been sleep all night and I would only be asleep for 1 or 2 hours. I have vivid dreams and I talk in my sleep now. I have an electric shock feeling. In my left ear. Va. Can you assist me?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 8 months ago.
Hello!See your doctor ...I think a sleep study would be helpful to help determine what may be going on....You may benefit from a sleep aid if more an insomnia problem. If you have trouble GETTING TO SLEEP >>> Ambien or Lunesta may be good choice ....If you wake up in middle of night and can't get BACK TO SLEEP then Trazdone may be helpful choice ...I hope that this information is helpful for you Let me know if you have further questionsI will be happy to get back with youIf my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedbackThank you and Best RegardsAnthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What about the shocking feeling in my left ear?
The shock feeling sounds that you have a nerve impingment ....This could be at the upper aspect of the cervical spine...So possibly a factor waking you up ...You may benefit to check with a neurologist ...A cervical support pillow that helps to keep the neck in good alignment may be helpful step for you I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions.Best regards!Anthony Bray MD