Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

Can I drink after pancreatitis? JA: The Doctor will need

Customer Question

Can I drink after pancreatitis?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I had an attack of acute pancreatitis due to alcohol 3 years ago. I was in hospital for 2 and a half weeks. It was classed as severe acute pancreatitis. Since then I have drunk and have had nothing happen to me
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: not really just wanted to know if I do have another attack how long it would take to feel symptoms after the drinking?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 7 months ago.
Hello,The most common causes for pancreatitis are drinking and gallstones. I would strongly recommend that you abstain from drinking so as not to develop another episode of acute pancreatitis again in the future.Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Is there anything else I can help you with today?