Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

Hey, so I've noticed a couple red spots on my penis but they

Customer Question

Hey, so I've noticed a couple red spots on my penis but they are painless but noticeable and was wondering if you could help me out at all with identifying the cause
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: So I have 5 slightly raised red bumps on the tip of my penis but they are very spread out and then I have one on at the bottom of the shaft of my penis. They are painless and I can't feel them at all
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: I had a rash in my groin area last week that lasted for about 2 weeks I'm not sure what it was because I was treated for scabies and simple things like allergies and a change in soap but this is when I first got the bumps on the tip of my penis and when the rash went away I still have these bumps
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.How long you have noticed them?Can be just dilated blood capillaries.Please post a pic here.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They have been there for 2-3 weeks now
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Do you have any itching?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did have a rash for 2 weeks and my whole groin area was really itchy but it recently went away because I went to the dermatologist and they treated me for scabies, a change in soap and laundry detergent. Do you think it could be a yeast infection?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
No this is not yeast infection.This is likely contact dermatitis the similar one from groin but can appear differently on top of penis ( glans).You can apply hydrocortisone ointment or any steroid ointment prescribed by your dermatologist for 10 days.That should resolve the issue.Best wishes,