Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

My husband is a farmer. This is a very busy time of year. He

Customer Question

My husband is a farmer. This is a very busy time of year. He is not sleeping well some nights and on those occasions he tends to wake in the morning and vomits. He was diagnosed lactose intolerant and take omeprazole twice a day. He also has had a scope done and found nothing significant. Any suggestions?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long. Following are the main causes of vomiting; A. Central nervous system1) Migraine2) Space occupying lesion in brain (Mass lesion)3) Labyrinthitis4) Ménière's disease5) Pseudotumor cerebri B. Gastrointestinal symptoms;1) Gastroparesis2) Irritable bowel syndrome3) Non ulcer dyspepsia4) Peptic ulcer disease; this can be ruled out as his upper GI endoscopy was normal.5) Cholecystitis/cholangitis (gall bladder problems)6) Hepatitis (liver inflammation) C. Hormonal1) Thyroid disorders2) Diabetes3) Adrenal disorders D. Psychiatry disorders1) Anxiety2) Depression3) Conversion disorders E. Infections.If the vomiting persists, he needs to be further investigated by blood work, MRI of the brain and examination by a neurologist and gastroenterologist. Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
Excessive tiredness and lack of sleep occasionally may cause severe acid reflux. This may be responsible for the vomiting in the morning. This may be aggravated by heavy food in the night time and alcohol (if he drinks).It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.Thank you.
Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work. Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future. This additional service offer can be used for- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you. Thank you.
Hope your husband is doing good. Let me know if I can do anything further.