Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

Since yesterday I have had a severe headache, light sensitivity,

Customer Question

Since yesterday I have had a severe headache, light sensitivity, stiff and painful neck, fluctuating temp from normal to 101. Also, there are two large bulges on both sides of my neck and in the past few hours the pain has spread down my spine to the middle of my back. Nausea, no appetite, fatigue, and sweating and chills. I feel miserable. What do u think is wrong?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.With those symptoms, you need to rule out meningitis.A viral infection can cause it too.I would suggest to take an examination by doctor in ER.You would need a few tests like CBC, scan etc.You can take Tylenol for pain & fever.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.