A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have pressure on my pelvic area, frequent urination but

Customer Question

Hi I have pressure on my pelvic area, frequent urination but the doctor did a physical exam and ruled out ovarian cysts
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I'm on medication for depression called olanzapine and sertraline but the doses are very low 2.5 mg and 25 mg
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: Not really
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 11 months ago.
Hi, Did he run a urine analysis? Fasting glucose test? Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Urine test was clear
And the glucose test?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is that a blood test? If so then I didn't have one. I've had more discharge than usual also
Fasting blood glucose is a blood test. Any time there is an increase in frequency of urination, one needs to rule out diabetes. More discharge can also indicate a vaginal infection, so a swab is usually taken and sent for culture. Overactive bladder is another possibility. That usually requires a urologist or gyno-urologist to diagnose and treat. Bladder pain is mentioned as a possible, but unusual, side effect of olanzapine. If it is a new drug to you, it would be more likely be the culprit. If you've been on it for a while, it is unlikely to be the cause of the pressure. Please let me know if you have questions. Best regards, Schuyler~
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had swabs and they were clear. Not pregnant as period was two weeks ago. Had an issue with enlarged uterus before but was never told why. Would you recommend an utrasound?
An ultrasound couldn't hurt at this point since nothing else seems to be showing up. It's a real puzzle. Best regards, Schuyler~
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks for your help
You're so very welcome. I hope you feel better soon. Please don't forget a positive rating. Best regards, Schuyler~