Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

It's been 19 mos since I had a papilloma removed from my right

Customer Question

It's been 19 mos since I had a papilloma removed from my right breast. The past 2 wks I've been experiencing sharp pain. Sometimes shooting sometimes burning in my right breast. The nipple feels as if it is "asleep". The pain has been constant more so the past 24 hrs and my breast has started to itch. There has not been any visible discharge. I know papilloma are benign, so I'm hesitant to call the dr. But the pain is making me nervous.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 months ago.
Hello!Your symptoms are potentially suspicious but NON-SPECIFIC ..Similar to feeling a lump I would treat this the same way...See your doctor and have it checked further ...Breast exam/ ultrasound / mammogram / possibly MRI are potential options to take a closer look....Symptoms could be nothing more than related to the gradual retraction of scar tissue ....I hope that this information is helpful for youLet me know if you have further questions or concerns or discussion.I will be happy to get back with youIf my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedbackThank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD