Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Vomiting, chest pain in lower rib/ stomach area, pain under

Customer Question

Vomiting, chest pain in lower rib/ stomach area, pain under shoulder blades to bottom of ribs. Feels like pressure that is hot and painful.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 8 months ago.
Hello!I'm sorry to hear that you are is such discomfort....It sounds that you are best to go to ER ....Pancreatitis could be a cause >> abdominal pain/ lower chest pain/ back pain / nausea and vomiting ...So this is one very possible diagnosis but not the only possibility...Acute pancreatis is a medical emergency and needs immediate evaluation ( In worst cases it can lead to fatal complications )So you really need to get to ER and not put this off!!Other potential causes could be acute cholecystitis ( gallbladder infection) gallstones ....Other conditions possible but the ones I have listed above I think more fit ..Please get to ER and not by driving yourself!I hope that this information is helpful for you Let me know if I may be of further help !If you have further questions or concerns I will be happy to get back with youIf my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD