Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic

Last month I have had siatica in my left rump & leg.

Customer Question

For the last month I have had siatica in my left rump & leg. It's almost better now except now both knees and ankles are stiff and my left leg feels heavy & weak. I also get tingling feelings in my toes. This is quite bad in the AM, but improves during the day but never goes away. What's going on?
Category: Health
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 6 months ago.
Hello,It sounds like you may have a slipped disc in your lower back which is compressing the nerve that goes down your left leg. The first thing that needs to be done is an X ray of your lower back and ultimately and MRI of your lumbar spine to take a look at the nerves. Occasionally this requires surgery to relieve the pain depending on the severity.Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Anything else I can help you with?