Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician
9385906

One of my lymph nodes is swollen in my neck JA: OK.

Customer Question

Hi, one of my lymph nodes is swollen in my neck
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I had a sore throat a couple of weeks ago and am also suffering with a slightly blocked nose and ever since I have noticed a swollen node in the right side at the back of my neck
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 7 months ago.
Greetings. Welcome to the site.kindly answer a few queries. What is the size of node approximately , you may tell this in terms of size of a pea r a nut , etc. What is the consistency of node, is it hard, soft or stony hard and is it fixed or mobile and difficult to catch? Is the node painful ?Is it growing in e or has been stable?Since when your throat has recovered fully or is it still not 100%?sI will get back to you once you reply my queries.Regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Pea sized, firm but mobile, not painful unless pressed hard and my throat is still not 100% better. I can't tell if it has grown or not
Well, it is quite common to have lymph node/s swollen during a throat infection or after a recent episode of throat infection, it is a part of body's immune response and it does not amount to be significant. So do not worry , most likely after a few more days the swollen node will subside on its own, it may be present even after the throat infection is completely over for few days, but that is quite normal. I hope this assuresoyou and allays your doubt. Wish you all the best.Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer. Regards