Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

I am experiencing syncope. Is this common and what is the

Customer Question

I am experiencing syncope. Is this common and what is the cure? I almost blacked out while driving and laughing. It was very scary. Seems to be happening more frequently. Is it dangerous from a symptomatic standpoint.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I laugh, I tend to get real lightheaded as though I am going to pass out. It only last a few seconds, but is very scary and concerning.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is due to the vasovagal attack. Extreme emotional stress and physical stress can cause this. Underlying heart problem another cause that should be ruled out. Vasovagal attacks can be prevented by avoiding such stressful situations. Drinking fluids, increased salt intake, compression stocking can help to prevent such episodes. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: