Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

JA: . How can we be of help? Customer: my dad had

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: my dad had positive strep culture and has been on antibiodics for over 30 hours and still has fever
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: he aslo has loose stool and a sharp pain in ribs, he thinks is from coughing
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: yes
JA: What else should I tell the Doctor?
Customer: he works in a facility that has black mold for sure from the roof leaking.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 10 months ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.It seems that you are suspecting that persistent fever after 30 hours of antibiotics may be related to concomitant mold affection. While this may be a possibility; but is not common. The fever usually takes 48 hours to subside (occasionally more), after starting antibiotics. Having said that, if the fever rises or do not decrease in next 12-18 hours; you may consider going to either urgent care clinic or emergency room for a revaluation. He may need a blood culture. The sharp pain in the ribs is likely due chest muscle strain resultant to coughing. But if the chest pain is moderate to severe, a chest x-ray is needed. If cough has an expectorant, a culture of it also is recommended. Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
It is important to look at the few risk factors whenever one has chest pain. The chest pain can occur due to heart, lung, chest wall (rib joints and muscles) and food pipe (esophagus). So if your father has any of the following risk factors, he needs to be seen at ER;A previous heart attack or stroke.A family history of heart disease.Elevated total and LDL cholesterol levels.Low HDL level.High blood pressure.Stress or sedentary life styleCigarette smoker.Uncontrolled diabetes or high blood pressure.Physical inactivity.Obesity or being overweight.Raised high sensitivity CRP (hsCRP)It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work. Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future. This additional service offer can be used for- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you. Thank you.
Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/