Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

If I was hit in the face and my teeth were dislodged

Customer Question

If I was hit in the face and my teeth were dislodged can I wait till the next day or do I need to see someone imedatly?
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 6 months ago.
Hi,As per your description,I recommend to visit ER.Dislodged teeth should be treated within the hour. This increases your chances of having your tooth successfully replanted.Of course, if your teeth have been dislodged due to some type of trauma, then there is a good chance that you will be disorientated or even suffering from concussion. Often, the dislodged tooth will also be accompanied by further injury to the jaw, cheeks or face, so X-ray should be done and prompt treatment with pain killers and a large ice pack can help to soothe the affected area and keep the swelling down as much as possible. So you shouldn't ignore and see a doctor at ER.Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.Your satisfaction is our goal. Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get after positive feedback.Thanks.
If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.We are here to help you until you satisfy.Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.Thanks.