Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have had pain and tenderness directly above my bellybutton

Customer Question

I have had pain and tenderness directly above my bellybutton for about a week now. Any cause for concern?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Is there any swelling?Do you have any change in bowel movement?Can be muscular if no other symptoms.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Swelling and bowel changes anything i need to b concerned about?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 8 months ago.
If you have swelling and bowel changes, then that suggests an incarcerated ventral hernia.This is considered surgical emergency and should be addressed in the ER soon.Best wishes