Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

Past few hours, Ive had Left upper quadrant/epigastric

Customer Question

Hi! For the past few hours, Ive had Left upper quadrant/epigastric pain on exhalation
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm a healthy 38 year old female, normal weight, do not drink or smoke. I had a sudden onset of sharp left upper quadrant abdominal pain that started a few hours ago, mildly tender to touch. I thought it may just be gas, but it is isolated to that left epigastric area and hasn't moved
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidthe most common cause of pain below the left rib in the left upper quadrant is from inflammation of the stomach, usually from too much stomach acid production.fatty foods, sodas, tomato sauces, oily foods, big meals can cause stomach acidyou might need a stomach acid reducing medication like zantac or tagamet to help decrease stomach acid.this could help decrease your pain.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.How was your last food? When did you take?Is the pain constant?Did you try any medicine?Do you have any other past or associated illness?