Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I have had an intermittent dull ache under my left rib cage

Customer Question

I have had an intermittent dull ache under my left rib cage for over a month. It comes and goes but it's always in the same spot, close to my abdomen, right under a rib. Almost feels like a runners stitch but it's not. It's off and on and not triggered by anything. Should I be concerned?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidpain right under the left rib is most commonly from excessive stomach acid, called gastritis.spicy foods, fried foods, oily foods, alcohol, sodas, large meals can cause worse stomach acid production.you might need a stomach acid reducer and to change your diet to help decrease your stomach acid.have you used stomach acid reducers before?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have in the past but not recently. Would it be from stomach acid on the side? It's not up high more over to the left, in the stomach area. Also, I haven't noticed it flaring up after I eat. Just double checking. Random aches and pains alarm me. ūüėä thank you!
yes, it could be due to stomach acid on the side on the left side.you might need to watch what you eat and improve your dietand eat healthier.try over the counter stomach acid reducers like zantac, tagamet, maalox, mylanta which could help.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com