Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.

My index finger on my right hand keeps swelling, then the swelling

Customer Question

My index finger on my right hand keeps swelling, then the swelling goes down and the finger becomes cold and turns black & blue as if bruised. No pain involved, no loss of movement.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: At the outset I thought I'd suffered a bug bite, but the second occurance took place in my office with no reason for the swelling to happen.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: I'm 65, take benecar and synthroid daily
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidit sounds like you could have a vasculitis inflammation of blood vessels in your finger like raynaud's syndrome which can cause blood vessels to spasm and cause poor circulation and blue color and cold should show this finger to your doctor and see if you might have vasculitis or raynaud's syndrome which could cause this.let me know if you have questions.