Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

My name is ***** *****. I used a hair removal cream and caused

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I used a hair removal cream and caused a painful burn. It's excruciatingly painful to pee, I've had some spotting. I'm wondering what I can put on it so I at least don't have to cry when I pee?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I used it on my vagina. Unfortunately some got up inside the lips and around the opening, I rinsed it very well with cool water, but unfortunately as I said it is killing me to pee
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 months ago.
I do think this is a allergic reaction from the hair removal cream.Probably you can take over the counter anti-allergic medication like cetirizine or allegra.Your doctor can also do a urine test to rule out associated urinary infection also.To reduce localised swelling you can take NSAID like motrin also.Also you can apply 1% hydro-cortisone on the skin to reduce inflammation.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 months ago.
Let me know if you have any further query we can discuss it thoroughly.We are here to help you until you satisfy.Please press reply button rather than give poor/bad service.Positive feedback is appreciated.Thanks.