Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I have a lump next to my left testicle. Doesn't seem to be

Customer Question

I have a lump next to my left testicle. Doesn't seem to be attached, however moves when I clinch my abdomin/ anus. Also it's quite large seems to be about 2-3 inches long with a diameter of maybe .5-1in. Was very concerned about it being a growing testicular tumor but I am a little scepticle. I have really bad health insurance and have been procrastinating the issue. Any advice on what my best course of action would be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Is it painful,itchy?History of unprotected sex?Difficulty in urination?Any penile discharge?Since how long have you been suffering from?Are you taking any medications?tenderness in testicle?Is it hard or soft?Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No pains or ichyness, nothing really abnormal. My initial thought was that it was a testicular tumor. No discharge either. I have had unprotected sex with my fiancé now for the past 3yrs. She how ever just last week took a std test and came out completely clean.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
And I've noticed it around 4-5 months ago. It started small but has been slowly growing.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I understand your worry.There are several possible causes of a lump on a testicle. It is common to have a collection of fluid, such as a hydrocele, spermatocele, vesicocele, or hematocele or cyst within the epididymismany spermatoceles or cysts that do not cause symptoms do not require specific treatment. If a persistent spermatocele or cyst is larger or causes persistent pain, then it may require surgery.Ultimately, it would require an appropriate evaluation to determine the exact cause, but none of these problems require an urgent evaluation. Tests may also include a physical examination and colour doppler ultrasound study of testes.You should consult a urologist for a clinical examination The only condition that would require an urgent evaluation would be torsion (twisting) of the testicle, which usually causes significant pain, but can also cause swelling, although usually not a small separate lump. Until you can be seen, it may help to apply cold compresses to help ease the swelling and to relieve tension on the scrotum, such as by wearing an athletic supporter. It is not likely to be testicular cancer, as the other problems are more common.Hope this helps.Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.Please to not forget a positive rating.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you have any further query we can discuss it thoroughly.We are here to help you until you satisfy.Positive feedback and bonus are appreciated if you are satisfied with our conversation.Thanks.