Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Dr. my name is ***** *****. what does severe degenerative

Customer Question

Hello Dr. my name is ***** *****. what does severe degenerative disc disaease at l5/s1 with complete loss of intervertebral disc space & a grade 2 anterolisthesis of l5 over s1 mean in layman's terms?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just got my mri reults from the VA it also say's mild spinal canal stenosis & severe neuroformaminal narrowing bilaterally
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That means there is severe arthritis in the lower lumbar disc and tail bone area.There is loss of bone between the two discs and that resulted in the forward movement of the lumbar disc over tail bone disc like stack of books.This deformities can cause nerve compression and severe pain and other symptoms.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/