Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and Health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

My 2 year old daughter has a rash on her . We were prescribed

Customer Question

My 2 year old daughter has a rash on her butt. We were prescribed a steroid cream that is not working. Our doctor has now prescribed an antibacterial cream to see if that works. I would like to know what it is, because we have no clue.
Symptoms= red bumps on butt. Some with a white tip. Redness around the anus
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 8 months ago.
Hi,I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you.Can you please send me a pic of the rash.Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
So my daughter is at daycare at the moment. won"t have her for 3 more hours. I know it would be nice to see. The red bumps with white heads look like zits. After the white tip is gone they become less red and bumpy and more like the color of cold lips.
Have you tried using Diaper rash cream available over the counter in pharmacy, if not I suggest using it along with antibiotic cream.Apply both alternately.It can have positive effect.Any questions ask me, or request to rate this thread positively.Thank you
Can you please leave positive rating on the top right corner of the page, only then I'm compensated for the answer. Thank you