Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Well I have the mireana in and my bf keeps telling me he is

Customer Question

Well I have the mireana in and my bf keeps telling me he is getting poked and now seems to have broke out into a rash which turned into somethin that looks like a blister? What could be causing this? He is allergic to metal is this the issue?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: No mam
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 months ago.
Hi,In the rash painful?Any associated discharge or itching?
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 months ago.
No, Mirena does not contain any metal. It is made of soft, flexible plastic.So it is likely that your bf is having some infection and needs to be seen by his general physician.It is essential to rule out any sexually transmitted infection in this case.I hope this helps
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 months ago.
Let me know if you have any further query we can discuss it thoroughly.We are here to help you until you satisfy.Positive feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with our conversation.Thanks.