Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

My husband has afib copd and is on oxengin his pulse ox show

Customer Question

My husband has afib copd and is on oxengin his pulse ox show ox at 84 to 94 keeps going up and down but I also noticed that the heart rate is 135 he is sotal for his heart yesterday we were at the docs and now has ammonia so the gave him levqin and this morning is when his heart rate went nuts will he be fine and take him back in the morning I dong no what to do please help
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't think so he has a egd this morning
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long. While his fluctuating pulse oximetry may not be alarming but together these parameters (a significantly high pulse rate of 135); warrant an exam by a doctor. So he should be evaluated either at an urgent care clinic or emergency room. Lung and heart work in unison. So both of these organs not only compensate for each other but also are affected adversely too by each other. So high pulse rate may indicate some compromise in heart function like congestive heart failure or cor-pulmonale. Thus there is need of an examination now, instead of waiting till morning. Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work. Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future. This additional service offer can be used for- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you. Thank you.
Hope your husband is doing good.Let me know if I can do anything further.