DIEGO BONILLA
DIEGO BONILLA, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Pulmonary/ Critical Care at Boston University
93381398

I was recently told that xanax makes you gain weight. Is this

Customer Question

I was recently told that xanax makes you gain weight. Is this true?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Does xanax make u retain water and
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: Does xanax make u retain water and make u gain weight?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I paid now wha
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Diego, experienced Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.I understand your concerns. Xanax is a medication that is not related to weight gain. Actually xanax can cause decreased appetite. Most people maintain the same weight. Xanax does not cause water retention. Don't worry about gaining weight while taking xanax. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards