Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer: my

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: my husband and I are in our 40's now and I notice and he has noticed the size of his penis is smaller than when we first met in our 20s
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: he is very active and works out daily so its not a question of fitness or gaining weight, which I have read can cause it to appear smaller...but its physically and visually smaller..
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: well when we were in our 20s I was able to get my whole hand around it and now I cant...it was 4 1/2 inches and now its barely 3 inches when erect
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 months ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.The decrease in size can be due to;1) Hormonal issues2) Inadequate filling of blood in penis tissue.He may need following investigations:1) Testosterone levels2) LH estimation3) Thyroid function tests4) duplex ultrasonography5) Ultrasonography of testes6) angiography7) penile nerve test,8) snap and strain guage test,9) penile biothesiometry.Not all of these investigations are done at the same time. First a blood work for the hormones would be done. Later if needed, Duplex ultrasound and other may be advised. Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work. Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future. This additional service offer can be used for- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I wish they could make it bigger
If there is any hormonal issue (like low testosterone); a testosterone injection or a testosterone skin patch would regain the size.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't want to sound shallow but it's very frustrating and embarrassing for both of us
I can understand this. But I can assure you; that there is an underlying cause, which is correctable. Investigations are likely to reveal it and give the guideline for treatment.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He is too embarrassed to even go to our family doctor even though we ve using her for 7 yrs
People feel embarrassed because they think that these issues are not common. On the contrary this is not unusual and he is not the first one to have the issue. So your doctor would be helpful and understand the situation as had encountered many instances before.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think it would help him if he knew there were other men who s penises have gotten smaller and that she may have seen this before and not be embarrassed to see her
As we discussed there is nothing to be embarrassed. So please ask your husband to go to your primary health care physician. Your doctor would definitely mention that these type of cases are not infrequent. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 months ago.
A positive rating would be appreciated as this is the only way we are credited and compensated.