Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

A partially circumscribed mass in the posterior , outer right

Customer Question

A partially circumscribed mass in the posterior , outer right breast near the 9:00 position
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Was found on my annual mammogram. Silly question where is the 9:00 position when trying to feel for the lump referenced? What does this typically mean?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: I have been taking estrogen for the past two years for hot flashes. Maternal Aunts had breast cancer.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.A partially circumscribed mass has an high chance of being benign (non cancerous). Circumscribed means well defined or remaining in the confines and not intermingling in the breast tissue.The 9.00 position means by clock which is facing you. So you may try to feel it in the outer part of the breast at 9'O clock position.With a family history of breast cancer; the usual next step is either;1) Fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC); a needle is put under the ultrasound guide and an aspirate is seen for the cancerous cells.Or2) Biopsy of the mass. Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work. Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future. This additional service offer can be used for- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you. Thank you.
Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Let me know if you have any further questions.Wishing you all the very best.
Hope you are doing good.Let me know if I can do anything further for you.