Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer: I visited

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I visited a massage parlour yesterday and am worried I may have contracted something
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Ok. It was a full body naked massage where our genitals were rubbing together occasionally. There was no penetrative sex or oral
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 8 months ago.
Hi,As per your description,chances of STD with just rubbing except Herpes and HPV are less.Some STDs, like the viruses that cause genital herpes and genital warts, can be passed to another person by "skin-to-skin contact."However symptoms usually don't occur in a day.Do you have any symptoms?It takes time.Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.Your satisfaction is our goal.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am feeling a bit of a tingling sensation and some very slight itching at present. Although ive never been tested for herpes, I think I am a carrier and have had some episodes before. What should I look out for and are there ways to make sure the symptoms are not so severe?
What is your gender?Itching,burning sensation during urination?Any blisters?Rash?Thanks.Waiting for your reply.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am male. The exposure was yesterday so it's still very early. The itching is just all over my skin. Not severe but enough to be noticeable
This is not related to such incident.It can be some other irritant dermatitis.You should apply OTC Hydrocortisone cream.Also take Zyrtec.Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.Your satisfaction is our goal. Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get after positive feedback.Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, thanks. You said earlier that the chances of developing other STIs from this kind of encounter were low. Can you give me a more precise idea of the likelihood?
Chances of STDs like Chlamydia,Gonorrhea,HIV are nil.So you shouldn't worry about them.If you are satisfied with our conversation then bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.Feel free for further queries.Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is it worth me taking some anti-herpes medication just in case that is what I have?
Prophylaxis with antiviral drugs to prevent primary HSV infection is not recommended.Most likely you are fine.It can be some sort of anxiety.So keep relax.If you are satisfied with our conversation then bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.Feel free for further queries.Hope this helps.
If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.We are here to help you until you satisfy.Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.Thanks.