Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

How does a person get rid of the thc in the blood stream for

Customer Question

how does a person get rid of the thc in the blood stream for a drug test for work
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I applied for a job and they had me do a drug test. I ate an edible THC cookie and the limit was 15 I came in at 118 so did not get the job
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: I do not use medical edibles ever I just happened to try one that one time and screwed myself out of a wicked awesome job
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 8 months ago.
I am Dr.Aren and I will help with your query.Occasional oral cannabinoid users usually have peak levels within 2-5 hours and will not test positive in blood test for cannabis/THC after 25 hours,regular users and smokers may need to abstain for at least 4-6 weeks before test(especially urine tests for THC)become negative.There is no known method which will hasten excretion of THC from the body.Hydration and exercise are supposed to help but do not seem to alter the tests to a large degree.