Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a pain in my left arm when I SWALLOW. I HAVE HAD STRESS

Customer Question

I have a pain in my left arm when I SWALLOW. I HAVE HAD STRESS TEST AND ALL LOOKS OK. IT IS ONLY WHEN I SWALLOW
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: MY. ARM DOES SEEM SORE, MUSCLE WISE BUT OTHER THAN SWALLOWING IT DOES NOT BOTHER ME. IT STARTED WITH WHAT I WHAT CALL A NERVE PAIN WHEN NOT SWALLOWING.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: NOT AT THIS TIME
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is likely a nerve entrapment related pain.Cervical spine arthritis or bulging disc can cause this during swallowing process as esophagus puts backward pressure.You should see a neurologist, get a MRI scan of the cervical spine and then further management.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/