Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Ive been getting a pain in left side between stomac and

Customer Question

hi ive been getting a pain in left side between stomac and hip when I cough im just trying to see if I can find what it is
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well it started a few weeks ago I am a smoker and have been trying to give up but it seem to be worse because ive started smoking a vapour im not sure what else I can say I have been coughing up flem aswell
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long. Since when are your symptoms?Do you have bloating, gas, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea/constipation, urinary symptoms, tenderness on stomach?Any significant past medical history or family history?Are you on any medications?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i don't have any of them a all the only pain I get is when I cough I don't have any medical problems at all and this just came on all of a sudden I do smoke and have moved on to a vapour and have cut down a lot and I'm on no medcation
No abdominal symptoms; and just pain on coughing is likely due to abdominal muscle strain. This can happen due to lifting weight, sudden bending or any unaccustomed activity. A cold compress, local analgesic cream, and Ibuprofen are likely to help you. Avoid any exertion activity for at least a week. The other possibility of the diagnosis can be pinched nerve in back or nerve impingement.Hernia is a rare diagnosis present with these symptoms but would be a consideration if above two are ruled out.Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work. Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future. This additional service offer can be used for- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you. Thank you.
Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Hope you are doing good.Let me know if you want to discuss anything further.Wishing you all the very best.