Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

I've been having chest pressure off and on all evening.

Customer Question

Hi I've been having chest pressure off and on all evening. I just checked my BP its 101/68 and my pulse is 52? Is my pulse causing the pressure?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I take blood pressure meds and I have pericardial effusion. But this pressure is has been continuous for approx five hours?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 months ago.
Hello!If you are known to have a pericardial effusion and tonight you have had new onset of chest pressure then you need to be evaluated right away / ASAP/ at the ER!!This may be angina may be having complications due to increased pressure of the effusion on the heart..You need cardiac evaluation and care right away..I would advise you to call 911 to minimize any possible delay...I hope that this information is helpful for youLet me know if you have further questions or concernsI will be happy to get back with youIf my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you so much for your quick response. I cannot go to the ER right now but I will see my physician in the morning.
Many thanks.
Do your best to take care of yourself...Best Regards!Anthony Bray MD