Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice

My son says he feels hot inside his whole body but has no fever.

Customer Question

my son says he feels hot inside his whole body but has no fever. He has been sick and has a really croupy cough with coughing fits
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what kind of details
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 months ago.
Hello!How old is he?How long has had had the cough?The raspy noise with cough can be a concern as to him having trouble with narrowing of the airway of the upper trachea. If croup he may benefit from treatment with a shot of Decadron to reduce inflammation...I think from your description it would be best to have him checked ....I worry about the cough and potential compromise to his upper airway even though he has no fever ...Best for him to see a pediatrician I think I hope that this information is helpful for youLet me know if you have further questions or concerns or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for requesting me to answer this query.The cough could be secondary to seasonal allergens and would merit a visit to your PCP/Paediatrician who can examine and investigate the cause of the cough.Since there is no fever he may need bronchodilators to help with the cough.Keeping him well hydrated with plenty of fluids would help.In the meanwhile steam inhalations would be helpful.