Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice

Will one hit of cannabidiol hemp oil show up in a urine drug

Customer Question

Will one hit of cannabidiol hemp oil show up in a urine drug test sent to the lab?
Category: Health
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I took one hit from a 100mg CBD hemp oil it says that there is no THC but how long would the cannabinoid stay in my system and if it was sent out to a lab , I took a hit on Wednesday
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I also haven't smoked for around 6 months , the test sent out also tests for metabolites that break down as well I think
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.As per literature,one hit of hemp oil will stay for detectable levels(over 0.5ngm/ml of cannabinoid) in blood for over 25 hours.The detectable THC_COOH in urine will persist for upto 3-7 days in an infrequent user.Regular user with show it for longer periods,as this is not the case with you samples taken after 3-5 days or more will be negative for THC in urine.Some reports suggest that the clearance in the ocassional user will be faster that is 2-3 days,but 3-7 days is a safer bet.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there anyway to speed up the process of getting it out of my system ?
Not really,you can try cranberry juice and plenty of water for hydration which may help dilute the urine sample.Generally these measures do not help much.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What about sweating or exercise?
That would help to a minimal degree,it would probably not make a significant difference.