Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.

Who is the doctor refered to in this possible ad? I

Customer Question

Who is the doctor refered to in this possible ad?
I have the following facts.
My glucose tolerance test 1964 70, ½ hr 130, 1 hr 175, 2 hr 185, extended 3 hr 100 (referred to as a glucose tolerance test for prediabetes). I have never had a high A1C or fasting blood sugar. A relative was informed that they were sure to become a diabetic in 2 years or less over 30 years ago (still going strong). A weight loss doctor drew my type GTT and said these people (about 1/10 of his volunteers) did not lose weight on his weight loss program. He called it the hunter gene (checking to see if I can find out his name). I do not lose weight on an Atkins style diet.
My theory: People who have been called prediabetics (glucose tolerance test) actually have a
gene(s) which leads them to postpone processing sugar until there blood sugar rises (what this means is unknown). This would be good in famines and if you eat an Atkins style diet. One of the downsides seems to be that you become more susceptical (word?) to diabetes.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. David hunger gene or thifty gene is an attempt to explain why people from some populations are more prone to diabetes.the theory is that this gene was helpful when food was scarce. but is bad now when food is much more plentiful.I am glad you haven't turned into having may not have this thifty gene.let me know if you have other questions.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Relist: Other.
Wanted name of doctor who presented the prediabetic glucose tolerance test as indicating a hunter gene on PBS about 1 year ago. Yes it is probably good for famines and bad in the sense of making diabetes more likely.
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr Chaithanya, a medical researcher for past ten years.The information is elaborative and can be supported by evidence.I can research and send you the sufficient information. It needs a little time and can be done for a little additional cost. Let me know, if you are interested, so that I can initiate the offer.Also, after you accept the offer, you will be given my private mail id, you can share yours too, and I can mail you the details. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

If you can find out from PBS who the researcher was I would pay money (make an offer when (if?) you get an answer)?

If you can initiate a study where woman who wish to get pregnant volinteer to take a GTT before the event and as normal during pregnancy what would that cost?

If you can initiate a repeat of the diet doctor's study what would that cost?

This is Dr. DavidJames Neel, a professor of Human Genetics at the University of Michigan Medical School, proposed the "thrifty genotype" hypothesis in 1962 in his paper "Diabetes Mellitus: A 'Thrifty' Genotype Rendered Detrimental by 'Progress'?"Neel intended the paper to provoke further contemplation and research on the possible evolutionary and genetic causes of diabetes among populations that had only recently come into regular contact with Westernershere is more modern research into the idea Diabetes. 2012 Jul 30;2:e37. doi: 10.1038/nutd.2012.9. Beyond the fourth wave of genome-wide obesity association studies. Sandholt CH1, Hansen T, Pedersen O. Author information 1The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research, Section of Metabolic Genetics, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark. J Clin Invest. 2011 Jun;41(6):679-92. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2362.2010.02454.x. Epub 2010 Dec 30. Genetics of type 2 diabetes: pathophysiologic and clinical relevance. Herder C1, Roden M. Author information 1Institute for Clinical Diabetology, German Diabetes Center, Leibniz Center for Diabetes Research at Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, Germany.***@******.*** me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Does not answer my question. But I thought I paid for your information.

I can understand your theory based on your prior experience. many patients who have pre-diabetes go on to get diabetes.not all patients who have pre-diabetes go on to get diabetes.more research is needed to know why some patients who have pre-diabetes do or don't go on to getting diabetes.what other questions do you have?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Did not answer my question.

what is your question?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

What doctor gave the presentation on PBS in 2015 saying that prediabetics did not lose weight on his weight lose program?

it wasNeal Barnard, MD orDr. Joel Fuhrman
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

doubt it but I will check.

ok.let me know if you have other questions.