Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

Was treated uti on Tuesday I was seen back in the

Customer Question

Hi was treated for a uti on Tuesday I was seen back in the er Thursday I had some unusual itching and burning and discomfort they did a swab for yeast and bacterial no yeast or bacterial was found they gave me a higher dosage prescription to continue treating my uti I get them very often and I'm familiar with the feeling however I feel like I've been exposed to an std I was tested for std Thursday as well however the results have not came back the latest I shall here from them is Tuesday I really feel like I have an std and do not want to wait id rather be treated ASAP can u help me with my issue
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Which antibiotic you are on?Most antibiotics will treat STDs as well.So your symptoms can be due to the yeast infection which can be missed.Youcan try over the counter Monistat 3 day treatment meanwhile.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I used a Monistat 1 Wednesday still having same issues today I am currently on nigtrofurantion and phenazopyridine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Ok --you should use monistat for 3 days --will be better.Ok Nitrofurantoin should cover most infections.You may wait till your std test results come back.Best wishes,