Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

I just got my bloodwork back from my PCP. She said I need to

Customer Question

I just got my bloodwork back from my PCP. She said I need to schedule with a hematologist because of smudge cells and some off levels. I was able to get into an oncologist. He saw my results and said I have nothing to worry about. That smudge cells are only an indication of something worse if other things are off. However, my neutrophils are low and lymphocytes are high. Aren't those off? How is this ok?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope that's all. Please connect me.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.I do share your concerns.Presence of smudge cells along with increased lymphocytes can be a sign of CLL or chronic lymphocytic leukemia.Hence you need to get a bone marrow examination with cytogenetic studies done for further diagnosis.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: