Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I'm ***** *****, I'm here to ask what the risk is of contracting

Customer Question

Hi. I'm ***** *****, I'm here to ask what the risk is of contracting any STD when I just had protected sex with a sex worker?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What more details are you talking about?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
To be clearer, it was oral and vaginal sex; both protected.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Both receiving, not giving. I also did no kissing
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 8 months ago.
Hello!No you used a condom so that protects you vs risk of STDs...Using a condom as you did puts you at very low risk for contracting any STD...We would wish more people would take that precaution...As physician I'm not enthusiatic that you chose to have sex with a CSW...but you took PRECAUTIONS as you should so that is good ...Risk is below the radar ...You should be fine and have no reason to worry here I hope that this information is helpful for youLet me know if you have further questions or concerns or discussionI will be happy to get back with youIf my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the prompt answer, Dr. Bray. I completely agree with you and I deeply regret my decision. In my situation, would you still recommend getting tested?
No I think it not necessary for you to test in this situation. You used the protection of a condom. So I think that you should be fine and not need testing in this circumstance ...if condom had broken then I would advise testing of course ...I hope that this helps.Best regards,Anthony Bray MD