Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

Swollen ear after rook piercing JA: Thanks. Can you give

Customer Question

swollen ear after rook piercing
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i had my rook pierced last Saturday and it starter getting swollen on Tuesday. I think it's infected since there is a yellowing discharge. And it's super tender and painful.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.From your description, it seems to be infected.You will likely need oral antibiotic.I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.Till then, please apply warm moist compress.Neosporin cream can be applied.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.